Feed Your Skin: Skingredients Super Veggie Stir Fry Recipe
We’re putting our money where our mouth is and serving you up a recipe that will help you to feed your skin from within while Skingredients nourishes it on the outside: it’s the Skingredients Super Veggie Stir Fry, inspired by all of the Irish legends who are making meat-free meals cooler than cool. If it weren’t for Roz Purcell and The Happy Pear, where would our skin be?!
Before we get to the good stuff, let’s run through why we’ve included what we’ve included…
We’ve chosen not to represent Sally or A-HA because willow bark and milk ain’t got no place in a stir fry, but kale brings those Good Fats with it’s plant-based omegas.
- 1 courgette, sliced into match sticks
- 1 carrot, sliced into match sticks
- 1 onion, diced
- Buckwheat (soba) noodles (or noodles of your choice)
- 1 tbsp. of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 1 tsp. of brown sugar, honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp. of rice vinegar
- 200g of kale (baby kale or kale and spinach is good too) – take those stems and stalks off
- 400g of protein of your choice (we like tofu – you can add an animal-based protein source but then it’s not the Super Veggie Stirfry)
- Squish your tofu to get that moisture out. De-packet it, wrap a thick towel around it and weigh it down with chopping boards, pots and pans for at least 30 minutes. The longer you weigh it down for, the firmer your tofu will be.
- Mix up your sesame oil, soy sauce, brown sugar and rice vinegar in a bowl.
- Chop your tofu into thumb-sized rectangular pieces and marinade it in half of this sauce, keeping half for later. Cover your tofu and let it marinade for 30 minutes or more (or crack on if you’re lazy or didn’t account for marinadin’ time).
- Heat your wok or frying pan at a medium to medium-high heat, pop in your favourite frying oil and get that tofu into the pan. Allow the tofu to go golden-brown and get a little crispy on each side (blackened edges may happen and this is normal and delicious). Once done, pull it out and place it on a dry tea towel or kitchen roll.
- Stick those onions in the wok or pan and get them see-through, stirring all the while.
- At this stage, give your noodles a good rinse in cold water to destarch ‘em and get them into boiling water for 6 minutes.
- After 2-3 minutes of the onions cooking, plop everything else in except for your kale and stir it all around.
- When everything looks cooked but not too cooked, your courgette is crunchy but not hard, your carrots have bite but won’t bite back – pop your tofu back in and slosh the rest of your bowl of marinade throughout.
- Drain those noodles when they’re done.
- When you’re about ready to serve, stick in your kale for even under a minute – we want those nutrients.
- With a pasta ladle and a regular ladle, incorporate your noodles through out your delicious stirfry. *Editor’s note: Grainne, Education Manager, and Barbara, Skingredients Nerdette, don’t think this is a necessary step but they’re incorrect, it has never failed me.
If you’re really fancy, top it off with a garnish of spring onions and sesame seeds. Black sesame seeds are great for Halloween, or even some crushed cashews are delicious on top either.
Delicious, nutritious and perfect for either mindfully eating away from the telly or bringing into work the next day in your Tuppers. We hope you love the Skingredients Super Veggie Stir Fry recipe – send us pics of your own!
I have dry skin and my skin is absolutely GLOWING and soft as a baby's bum!
What can I say only your products have changed my skin! I'm so glad I found The Skin Nerd.
I followed the routine and within 28 days I could see an improvement and still improving. Well worth it
Love love love the products! 😍😍